Dr Andrew C Aitchison writes:

 > On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Dag Bakke wrote:
 > > mpeg2dec eats plain mpeg1 and mpeg2, and it will also demultiplex
 > > program and transport streams.
 > >
 > > To play a VOB for example, I do:
 > >  ./src/mpeg2dec -o x11 -s /tmp/Dolby_Digital_Game.vob
 > >
 > > Notice that it does not play audio, and that all it really does is
 > > pumping out the video as fast as it can.
 > >
 > > Any vob should in theory be good for testing material.
 > > Try this: (4790kB)
 > > http://dvdgsm.free.fr/vob/THX.vob
 >
 > Thanks.
 >
 > With that I can confirm that, unfortunately, although the patch
 > makes xvinfo report XVideo support on the NM2230, the video does not
 > appear when using XVideo. Since it does work in x11 mode, this patch
 > is not useful on this chip.

I also have a NM2230.
The patch is useful for this chip but not without some changes.
First of all, you have to double the offset values for the offscreen
buffer. I just changed the code to divide the offset by two for NM2160
and use right shifts of 0, 8, and 16 (instead of 1, 9, 17) when setting
the registers.

Then (with xine or mplayer) I get an overlay of the actual offscreen
YUV buffer at the right position, size, etc.
But something seems to be wrong with the pitch and scaling.
I could not figure out the correct settings yet.
Doubling src_w for registers 0xba/0xbb helps a little bit. Maybe
this has to be the number of bytes instead of pixels?
Actually that's also how Shigehiro describes it in his register
summary (GRBA  Width in byte[15:8], etc).

Register 0xbc of GR, which is always set to 0x4f in the original
patches, also changes the display a little.

I'll do some more testing.

Ralph

| Dr. Ralph J.K. Metzler         |                                   |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |