> On Oct 2, 8:01 pm, figureloop <cr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> ... consider setting standards for the spacing of tubes, particularly in
> clocks?
>
> ...  Standard PCBs could then fit into standard cases.
>
> ... variety of clock designs could fit a standard case size.
>
> What think we?

I don't think its gonna fly. People who design PCBs have different
features that mostly meet their personal preferences. Also, do you
really want a 'standard' clock case ? I think people want something
unique. That's some of the apeal of this vintage technology. To own
something that's not out of a cookie cutter factory in China.

I personally, design the case 1st, around the tubes. Then I figure out
how to make the electronics fit.

Veterens in this group now my re-occuring rant against the simple
rectangular box with six tubes sticky out of the top. Each case should
be different.