On 3 Oct 2010, at 07:39, threeneurons wrote:

Veterens in this group now my re-occuring rant against the simple
rectangular box with six tubes sticky out of the top. Each case should
be different.

Hey I thought that was my rant! I will do anything but four or six tubes coming out of a cigar box, or similar. Others can, and have, done that to death. To their credit, there are many who haven't and I am amazed at the inventiveness of people. You only have to look at the gallery on Mike's electric stuff to see the variety.

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/nixiegallery.html

John S