Ah, ok. Thanks David
I have built a µC controlled muxing tester... will put all about it on my homepage soon. I can switch from direct drive with rated current to muxed, with higher current and compare the glow. That makes it easy to find out the muxing current for a tube to get approx the same glow effect as in direct drive.
But with 1.4 x rated currrent the glow looks a bit dimmed.
That was why i asked.
I'm working on a chart for these factors, but the problem is that it depends to the tube size also (I think)...
I think a general factor is not easy to tell.
If a primer is used, than everything changes again.
Dieter

It's an educated guess. I used 3x current for 6 way multiplexing in the
clocks I made, so 1.4x seems reasonable for 2 way. It takes
experimentation to find the best value, and there is a tradeoff of tube
life vs brightness.