The crystals are cheap these days whether a colorburst or other
generic types.  My guess is they picked that frequency that they are
readily available and they wrote the code using that number to make it
difficult to clone...lol... but it was probably just a choice when
they developed the device.  I am not connected to this company but am
just a user of some of their products.  I do not mind paying them for
their time and effort to produce these cool devices.  I bought a few
for around 8 bucks each and used them for a few projects.