Brian, you might be tempted to run a couple of small NE2 colon bulbs
in series, but you will probably find that their combined strike
voltage is higher than your HT power supply - either straight away, or
after a few months of bedding in. They just stop working! So, run the
neons (each with their own series resistor) in parallel.

These little NE2's are cheap, and prone to flicker. So buy a few
spares, and run them in for  a few days on your test bench at (say)
0.5mA each, and watch how they perform. Then select the best, stable
ones.

As John points out, only the cathode electrode will glow, so you might
like to think about mounting/twisting the neon lamp so that the
cathode faces "forwards" towards the viewer. Small point, but you'll
see what I mean when you fire one up.

Resistor values? Let's assume you've got 180V HT, and I'll go with
John's maintain voltage of about 67V. So the resistor needs to drop
the other 113V. Aim for about 0.5mA current initially, so according to
Mr Ohm that's 226K, or 220K nearest E12 preferred value.  That's your
starting point, but don't be afraid to experiment with values between
47K (bright!) and 680K.  The idea is to match the NE2 brightness in
with your Nixies, so that the little fellas are not shouting "look at
me!" all the time.

I might also suggest... that you strap one NE2 and accompanying series
resistor straight across your HT power supply, on the PCB, and  close
to the "hot" stuff". This will confirm and remind you whenever the HT
is up and running, and just might prevent you sticking your finger
where you shouldn't, just when you shouldn't!  Listen to the voice of
experience... :(

And have fun :)