On Jan 23, 5:50 am, dr pepper <seaking.helicopt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats interesting, I'm using 4 by IN1's, OG3 ... dekatron.
> 210 out for the nixies, I use a 12k anode resistor, ... tubes are multiplexed
> by 5 (4 tubes and another slot for some neons).
>... uses a 555 ... produces and regulates 210 and ... doubler to
> give me 420 for the dekatron. It works well, the only thing I noticed
> is that when the IN9 neon bargraph gets toward full scale the dekatron
> glows changes just a smidgeon,

With a 12K resistor, the nixie current works out to between 5 and 7mA,
by quick-n-dirty calculations. Which is okay for your mux'd operation.
An OG3 runs just at about 1mA. The big current hog is that IN9
bargraph, which will pull 12mA full scale. That's why you notice the
change on the dekatron. Why not try a IN13 bargraph instead ? It only
draws 4.5mA full scale. The color is different. That might be a
personal preference. I can't dictate your personal taste, that's what
wive's are for.