Eric

My cold cathode (using XC18) all-valve clock only works in the light, the rings fail if the clock is left in the dark. So that clock is now a demo one only. But it did run without fault if I kept it in the light.

I've bought enough Z700U trigger tubes to build another trigger tube clock. These have a priming electrode so should not fail in the dark. Here's a manual that shows how to count and how to drive nixies with them. The project is on the shelf at the moment while I play with other things...

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/152/suppinfo/Z70UZ70W.pdf

They do appear on ebay from time to time.  I bought mine from

galinar...@gmail.com

But I don't know if he has any stock now.

Grahame