> During my studies in the mid 80's we made a similar clock in a course
> about VLIW processors (Very Large Instruction Word) where we also used
> lisajours to display the numbers on an oscilloscope screen.

Did you do that in the same way? I mean, divide a digit (or symbol)
into separate segments and compose a Lissajous curve for each segment?
I thought it is a very smart and unique way to display numbers on an X-
Y system and actually assumed that David himself came up with this
"invention". If you take the number '2' for example, the way I see it,
it is composed out of 3 segments (top arc, middle curve and bottom
line). You will need to switch (at precise moments) between cos,
0.5*sin then cos, -sin then cos, 0*sin or something similar.

Michel