Hi,

Click on the neon link. I buy in the 400 liter D1 size disposable tank. That's essentially a lifetime supply in my shop. Inert compressed gas can be shipped via the postal service so it might pay you to order it from the US and have it mailed.

thanks for the link! But I seriously doubt anyone is willing to ship a gas container that is above 100 bar pressure - that is really dangerous if shipped normally, and really expensive, if shipped properly, I am afraid.

Last time I bought, neon was $1 a liter.

That's nice, but something I have to dream about. The manifold solution is quite interesting, too, but I am afraid I am not good enough for it just now.

Jens

The pressure regulator is quite expensive, though, 130EUR. But the good
thing is you only need to buy that once.

I don't use a pressure regulator but if you're using the Eurocom tank, a
proprietary fitting is necessary.  The SpectraGas D1 tank uses the
standard CGA-580 connector.  What I have on mine is a mating fitting, a
pressure gauge and a needle valve.

After evacuation, I slowly crack the tank valve until about 10 psi of
gas is contained in the space between the tank and the needle valve.  I
then work with this low pressure gas until it is depleted.  The tube of
the bourdon tube gauge serves as much of the reservoir.

This technique serves two purposes.  One, it lets me work with low
pressure gas using cheap needle valves.  Two, if I forget and leave the
main vacuum valve open, I don't deplete the whole tank.  Just the low
pressure reservoir.

John