Hi Dieter,

I don't see any flashed metal in B-5025, just some stripes of metal on the
top. What I understand under term "flashing getter":

"Flash gettering means, chemically active, comparatively volatile
metals-mostly metals of the alkaline earth group are evaporated by heating
their supports at the conclusion of the pumping process. The metal vapor
before and during condensation reacts instantaneously with all other than
noble gaseous residues and forms on all cold parts of the tube,
particularly on the tube walls, the so-called getter mirror."

Dalibor

2012/6/26 Dieter Waechter <i...@nocrotec.com>

>  flashed getters are not used in nixies (I havent seen it at least),
>>

> No, no.
> Many burroughs Nixie tubes have flashed getters.
> See the B-5025 series for example. Some of these have flashed getters,
> some have not.
> Dieter

Dalibor Farny
http://dalibor.farny.cz