Not sure but I think its a device used in a cartoon type film or
series, some boffin builds a machine to tell the diffrence in time
between different worlds so that you can travel between then, the
divergence meter is used to set the travel machine.

I'm sure I got that completely wrong, seeing as it doesnt interest me
a great deal cant say I'm that bothered.

However there are a few that have built such things and integrated
them with nixie clocks, hence my post here.