On 12-08-13 01:12 AM, dr pepper wrote:
I'd rather have an inverter than go and buy a box of pp3's at 5 quid
each.

In North America we have "dollar stores" where one finds Chinese batteries. Not as good as a Duracell, but Ok for a low drain application like a radio B+ Supply. even the "Heavy Duty" (carbon-zinc) are probably just a powerful as the original Radio B batteries

Yes it would not likely be economical for a project that can tap into a hydro outlet, but is potentally safer for breadboarding (No Grounds) or handy for a project that is used on a portable basis. The current draw of a battery radio tube is lily less than a nixie ever thought of using..

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cm...@zeusprune.ca              Just Beyond the Fringe