I agree with threeneurons that cuts down to that distance apart are
going to be iffy.

I know that there are companies that laser cut solder stencils with
machines like I have, though, they might be using a different laser head
than the one I cut with.

So, Dalibor, I'll contact you offline with my address, but I already
have some rather thin stainless sheet that I can try to cut with.

I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise, is there anybody out there familiar with chemical etching
stainless?

Michael-