> Also, I have all sorts of crazy laser cutters here. I may be able to
> come up with a good stack of numbers or other characters if you'd like
> them for your nixie tubes. I have never cut anything so fine with
> these lasers, but according to the manufacturer, I should be able to
> do it.

Cool.  Let me know if you want help with layout.  I made a run at it a while
back:

http://www.vitriol.com/images/tech/nixies/cathodes.gif

> I am not sure where I would get tiny ceramic separators though.

I actually got a quote from a ceramic firm for tiny ceramic rings for this
purpose,
but it was prohibitive.  I think glass or mica separators might be the way to go
initially.

> I am excited to see your results.

As am I!

- John