OK, I see what you mean. My interpretation of outgassing was wrong, I thought it had to do with gas leaving the envelope but you're referring to trapped gas leaving the metal/plastic parts. I don't know if that problem could be solved, maybe there is a different way that plastic parts can be outgassed somehow without heating them up to their melting point. Or perhaps it is possible to tackle the problem at the source and make sure the plastic parts cannot have trapped gas. I'm only guessing here through :-). If there is a way to utilize 3D printing for cathodes and grids, it would significantly simplify the process of making your own nixie tubes. I am pretty sure within the next 5 years or so someone has figured out how this can be done.

Michel