Hi Marcin,

No problem hijacking the thread as long as it stays on focus. ;) You don't
happen to know anyone who can translate the Russian datasheets into
English? Using Google translate takes a long time......

Have you looked at page 151-152 in "Electronic counting circuits" by J.B.
dance? There you can find a very simple circuit showing how the output
signal is taken from a Polyatron/Nixie circuit.

The voltage level of the output pulse depends on the bias voltage the
biasing network with resistors connected betwen the Polyatron and the Nixie
to the H.T line sets, and also if the the resistor in the Anode/Cathode
circuit is placed at the Cathode of the Polyatron or in the Anode of the
Nixie, the voltage base level depends on the current flowing through the
resistor and its value. You just need to couple that pulse through a
capacitor and a voltage divider to a transistor or to a tube, just remember
that it is a positive pulse if you use a tube and also use a coupling
circuit that doesn't load the Polyatron/Nixie circuit as it will otherwise
not work correctly. The output pulse drops from the bias voltage to the
voltage across the Polyatron and Cathode resistor,  but if the resistor is
placed at the Anode of the Nixie just to the voltage across the Polyatron.

/Martin