You are right, but I think a person considering buying this lot has enough skill to repair what is broken. After all, these are sturdy factory tools, so I would assume it is not that easy to break them. And for all the components, they are sure new because otherwise they would be built into some nice Nixie tube ;-)

Is anyone seriously considering buying this lot?

You know, if I were not a student but a millionaire, then maybe... ;-)

Jens

...what's more, the auction describes the items as "new" - a lot of it looks distinctly second or worse hand...

Nick