I think they should be a bit more accurate. If you can make 1,000
tubes, you effectively pay $40 for each tube and you still need to
make them, not a very good profit forecast. If it is for 10,000 tubes,
they cost $4 per tube + the expense and time of making them which may
be worth the money. Otherwise you need to source more material
somewhere else so that you can make more than 1,000 tubes but how much
would these materials cost?

Michel