The small QI/Halogen downlight globes come/came in a couple of styles.... one
with the small QI/Halogen lamp at the centre of the reflector and open at the
front; the other had a glass plate across the mouth / front of the reflector.
That glass is for UV reduction. Don't know if it is special glass.
The desk lamps [mainly fancy Italian designer models] that use QI/Halogen
globes have been criticised; some have no extra piece of anti-UV glass and
apparently with those that do many people leave it off when they replace a
globe. [And others said the glass was to stop people touching the halogen globe
- because apparently the finger grease causes hotspots and globe explosions
(??)].
I only know of this because of workplace reforms some years ago... there was a
purge of these 'dangerous' items.

I still worry about the use of 2 foot and 3 foot etc 20W/ 40W fluorescent
tubes. Especially for bench work up close. There is definitely leakage at the
ends where the phosphor doesn't extend. In our kitchen we had a twin 40W
fitting with diffuser. There was an identical one in the store room. The
diffuser in the kitchen turned to yellow crumbs and collapsed after a few years
use. The one in the store room [rarely used] stayed OK. Neither were subject to
direct sunlight. I blamed the UV rather than heat.

I haven't kept up with LED technology but I do remember reading that a version
of white LED used a UV LED with a phosphor.

Hope someone comes up with some quantitative details on this subject.

John K.