Paint some of the white stuff on it from the inside of a fluorescent
tube, and you'll have a complicated white light bulb.

They made us wear safety glasses at my last place, they had a lot of
welding bays, and claimed that clear polycarb safety glasses spread
out the uv from a flash enough to largely reduce the effects, so a
piece of clear polycarb might work.

Does the bulb flash like in the vid or is it slower or faster in real
life.