I did some more checking and Mouser has no minimum order, that according
to their help topics page.  The shipping options come up when you check
out. For the small parts I was ordering I used the lowest cost option as I
am in no hurry. The parts arrived quickly, they ship out very quickly! I
placed an order late at night and realized I forgot a part. I called early
in the morning when the customer service line opened. I told the lady I
needed to add a part to my order. She said it was too late it had all
ready been packed and shipped! Better yet for me she gave me free shipping
for my extra part, that was very nice!  Another nice thing about mouser is
that you can share your project list with other people.
  I checked on Newark and they say no minimum order charges. I ordered
from them $175 worth of parts and the shipping was a very reasonable
$8.04. The outer box the parts came in was ridiculous. My parts would
have fit in a box half the size of a shoe box. They came in a box about
18x24x36 inches! What a waste of materials and shipping space.  This
seems pretty normal for a lot of commercial purchases I make.
                                                 Tim Laing

> Thanks for the correction on the minimum order, I didn't remember.  I
> always try to combine things I may need to get an order that makes it
> worth paying the shipping for.  Like you said a $10 minimum is pretty easy
> to meet!  The project lists are real nice for future reference.  They list
> something like 340,000 different capacitors, so when you find what you
> need it is nice to have a record for finding it again!
>                                                         Tim L.
>
>> I agree, Mouser has been great for my current projects.  I like how you
>> can
>> save a project list so when I do another, it is easy to order up just
>> the
>> parts I need without spending extra.
>> They have always shipped quickly and for a decent price.  They do have a
>> $10 minimum, but that is easy to meet.
>>
>> On Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:23:53 PM UTC-5, TLaing wrote:
>>>

>>> Mouser is a great source for new electronic parts. Their selection is
>>> about as good as Newark or Allied but they are much more small buyer
>>> friendly. They have a real cheap shipping option ($4.95?) and if I
>>> remember right no minimum order. It is easy to set up an account.  They
>>> ship fast and they have a nice project builder tool. The search tools
>>> work
>>> well.  I have made several purchases from them for antique radio