I would definitely pay for ZIF IN-18 sockets :)

-Dan

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014, John Rehwinkel wrote:

I caused it because I was swapping the tubes too much. The repeated
removal/insertions caused the tube to leak at the pins.

I still want to rotate the tubes, but I need to come up with a surrogate socket
so I can swap the tubes without stressing the pins.

A ZIF nixie socket!  Now that would be quite a thing!  That would also dodge
the usual problem in home-made sockets of having the grippers both float and
exert proper tension, by moving the tensioning function elsewhere.  Time to
start scribbling and thinking about milling out some interesting shapes.

- John