From: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com [mailto:neonixie-l@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of threeneurons
Sent: zondag 26 januari 2014 19:34
To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: Steampunk

Not the prettiest clock I've seen. A lot of member's, here, have done a lot
better. And many of those clocks could be considered "steampunk" too,
style-wise. He's got some "brass" ones, submitting it to Kickstarter. If
there's a viewer comment section, maybe we should add a link to better
looking nixie clocks.

Nothing wrong with wood. As long as the maximum amount of power that can
come into the case (if dead shorted), is not enough to ignite any flammable
parts. Usually, old style wallcubes can't deliver that kind of power.
Straight 120VAC (or 220VAC) coming in, can easily deliver enough juice.
That's why its been pretty standard to have low voltage entering the case,
and boosting it with a switcher, to run the nixies. One of my old job
functions was to ensure, the companies products, was compliant to FCC and UL
standards. If it was powered from a wallcube, it was easy. Just buy UL
approved wallcubes, and I was done. At least for the UL safety part.

projects/1692415722/steampunk-nixie-clock

John S

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f851457c-7cdf-4221-ae10-f44f78d
c8daa%40googlegroups.com.