Kind of rotten to not even get an E-mail.  I would say this outfit isn't
run very well, or just doesn't care.  Commonly I see places that have fund
raisers or appeals for other help put bricks with people's and company's
names in the walkway or patio that was built etc. Or why not a brass
plaque on or next to the machine that shows the hardware donors??  Or a
nice letter and a Nice Tee shirt that says "Ask me about Witch Dekatron I
donated!"  Or stick a bad tube on a little wooden base with a brass plate.
 Basically it comes down to poor management and a lack grateful
acknowledgment or gratitude.  It is not too late to do any of these
things, especially since this has been called to their attention.  What
are they going to do when they need replacements or other parts.  With the
web the word gets out.  In fact this is the kind of thing that ends up
showing up in web searches forever.
                                                       Tim L.