Morris

Are you switching off the HT/EHT to the tube when the heater is off as well? My understanding is that it is not good to switch the heater on while there is full HT on any thermal valve/tube.

You might take the opportunity to "soft start" the CRT heater - I can PM you a schematic I'm using if you wish?

Cheers Grahame