Remember also (from the earlier discussion) that the anode drivers are
completely out of spec on this design (which may have caused the
flickering). So, you can expect anything with a badly designed clock. I
would just not bother with this clock anymore, as its design seems to have
too many flaws. Perhaps you can rescue the nixies and put them in a better
designed clock. Good luck!