Ok, so I went ahead and started designed my own clock, borrowing heavily
from an existing open source design.

Here's what it entails. I have IN-18's and love those tubes, so naturally
it uses them. I designed a main module that has the Arduino interface,
power supply, control logic, 2 anode drivers, and 2 IN-18 tube socket
footprints. At the end of that module there is a 20 pin connector to mate
with a 2nd board I designed, identical in shape and size to the main
module, but only has the 2 IN-18 socket footprints and the corresponding
anode drivers. This slave module also has the 20 pin connector at far end.

The result is that a clock can be configured using 1, 2, or 3 modules. If
someone wanted, they could build a 2 digit clock (not sure why you would do
that) or a 4 digit (my preference) or a 6 digit clock.

I will be including provisions for under-tube LED lighting, even though I
dislike it, and colons, which I do like. The colons will be controllable. I
prefer a flashing colon on 4 digit clocks, and a static colon on 6 digit
clocks.

Since it's Arduino driven, the end user can do whatever he/she likes as far
as timekeeping, (GPS, etc) features, etc. I will be producing a number of
boards excess to my needs, so let me know if you are interested. I will NOT
be supporting software.... that will be up to you. The board is designed
such that the open-source software should work without modification, or
with very little, for basic 4 or 6 digit clock functionality.

The boards will have both thru-hole and surface mount parts. You will need
to be able to solder your own SMT components.

Any interest? As far as pricing, I'm only going to be looking to recover my
blank board costs.

Terry