  From: Nick
  To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2015 2:38 AM
  Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] Dalibor's Nixie tube: R|Z568M

  None of this seems really necessary - the research I've been doing implies
that 1 micron (10-3 Torr) is enough for a pump-down and that should be achieved
in just a few minutes.

  I can see the need, just maybe, for a TM pump if working on an industrial
scale (or if someone gives you one!), but assuming at best I need 10-4 to 10-5
Torr, I'll stick with a fairly normal molecular diffusion pump and suitable
multi-stage backing.

  Nick