Hi everyone,

I have made a prototype of my nixie clock using HV5622 nixie drivers, 2 of
them chaned (DATAOUT of first one connected to DATAIN of the second one).
They're both clocked trough the same pulse and also both latched trough the
same pulse.
The problem I'm dealing with now is the appearance of random numbers while
the data shifts to the register at higher speeds, please take a look here:
*https://youtu.be/QHljLFrYjss* <https://youtu.be/QHljLFrYjss>  .
The video was slowed down *50%* for you to actually see these glithces.

Now, this is an extremely annoying problem when I do a code that looks like:

void loop
{
   FreezeLatch();
   ShiftDataToHV5622(x, y, z, q);
   ShiftDataToHV5622(x, y, z, q);
   UnfreezeLatch();
}

if I add a delay of >100ms

void loop
{
   FreezeLatch();
   ShiftDataToHV5622(x, y, z, q);
   ShiftDataToHV5622(x, y, z, q);
   UnfreezeLatch();
   delay(100);
}

x, y, z, q - bytes of data

Then I have a situation where the occurrence appears to be pretty rare.
Also, if I do both shifts once and don't loop it, it either makes the
glitch and stays that way or it doesn't and tubes continue to display
normal digits.

Now, for me it pretty much seems to be a problem in which data is
incorrectly placed inside the shift registers of HV5622 quite randomly and
it causes the outputs of the HV5622 to connect multiple digits and light
them up.

This is how everything is connected:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F39TI3n-UfY/VjZifjx2xQI/AAAAAAAAAGM/F1volFi4euA/s1600/sch_simplified.png>

Now, I guess there could be 2 possible problems:

1.) Level shifters are too slow, I'm this type and it could be too slow
(TTL): http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/4179751000_1362756714.png

2.) Level shifters output possibly not compliant with CMOS inputs of the
HV5622?

What do you think, what are the possible solutions? An IC level shifter of
some kind?

Anyway, sorry for the longer post here, would be very thankful for any help.

PS. thanks a lot for the previous advice on power supply, it works like a
charm! :)

Luka