> I tried to google "NL-807 nixie clock" and find very few places that sell
> them.

The nifty thing about the NL-807 is that it uses the same socket as the common
NL-841 and NL-841 tubes, but has larger digits.  Because of this, you can
have the larger digits with any NL-841 type clock that doesn't squeeze the
digits too close together.

>   That's OK, the upside down "5" on the IN-14 does not bother me from my sofa
> 12' away \-)

Then that's the way to go, as the IN-14 is a much more easy to find and
affordable tube.

> I'll PM you and send a few designs I discussed with a local neon sign shop.
> In short, it has two animations - one for a flipper in two positions.  An
> three balls so when the flipper hits the first ball, it animates to two more
> balls.

Oh, nifty!  Right now the decoration in mine consists of a couple of old
playfields that I'm planning on adding lights to and some translights.

>   This will go into my gameroom of 20 pins with games ranging from 1958 to
> current.  I have probably gone past the fine line of excessive, to obsessive
> going through 41 pins in the last 10 years.  I also work at the Pacific
> Pinball Museum, www.pacificpinball.org <http://www.pacificpinball.org/>, so
> love to catch up on pinball, neon and nixies.

Ah, excellent.  I'm thinking of building some drop-in nixie score displays to
replace the panaplex ones.  The voltages are already available and the
circuitry is pretty simple, and I love the 3D effect of dancing nixie digits.

> Oh great, my first nixie clock, another thing to start collecting \-)

I know the feeling!  Welcome!

- John