I did leave Rn out but not unintentionally.  I'm not sure enough Rn has
ever been collected in one spot to fill the letters Rn.  If that was
possible and the contents added to the tubing, viewing the "Rn" would be
your dying wish!

Of course, one could sprinkle some Pb-210 into the tube.  That's the
first Radon daughter with a useful half-life (about 22 years.)

That would actually work pretty well, as the remaining daughters decay
with either beta or alpha particles.  Both are good for stimulating
phosphors and neither will penetrate the glass, though a little
Bremsstrahlung X-rays will be produced from the beta particles.

Of course, the tube would not fill with a uniform glow.  There would be
bright speckles everywhere a particle of Pb-210 landed.

John

--
John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN