Try to use such a unilateral disclaimer in court.  It's been too long
and I've forgotten the technical term for the legal principle but
essentially it says that unless the disclaimer is part of the purchase
contract, it has no effect because both parties did not agree to the
disclaimer.  You establish the terms of the sales contract when you
process your cart at Digikey or whatever.

My e-store has a little checkbox that must be checked to make a
purchase.  It says that you have read and agree to my terms of sale.
Those terms DO include a disclaimer and by checking that box, you have
made it part of the sales contract.

John

--
John DeArmond