I don't see a circuit in the link - it links on to a dead site. Can you
post here? Some thoughts...

Are you sure you are using IN-13 not IN-9 ? 13mA to fully light the tube is
around what might be expected for a slightly cathode poisoned IN-9. It's
easy to check even if the tube markings have worn off: IN-13 has three
terminals, IN-9 has two.

I would expect both tube types to require about 150V to strike reliably,
and then the voltage across the tube will drop down to the maintenance or
running voltage in the 95V - 105V range. Were you anticipating something
different?

Jon