> I design boards occasionally for various projects.  I happen to use Eagle,
> which some board vendors accept directly, otherwise it can output
> industry-standard Gerber files which will work with the vast majority of
> vendors.  I've even designed boards for IN-8 tubes (I created a custom part
> myself, as this design needed to fit certain specific parameters).  If I
> can get the specifications for the Nocrotec sockets, I can make a custom
> part for them too.  I've appended one of my IN-8 board designs to
> illustrate how my work tends to look.  It's all hand routed, and an
> ordinary low-cost 2-layer board that doesn't use any tight spacings or fine
> wires that would make it more difficult or expensive to manufacture.  It
> actually goes into a widget with 8 tubes, which uses two of these boards
> side by side (via the connectors on the ends), which gives even tube
> spacing when plugged together.  It did it this way, because it's often
> cheaper to produce several small boards than one big one (for various
> reasons).

I will take a look at Eagle. I have done board layouts in AutoCad before
but at the moment I don't have access to any cad software. I am sure there
are much more useful tools for that kind of work anyway. Part of my hope is
to integrate power for the blue LEDs on the Nocrotec sockets since there
are no provisions for this in the kit. Looks like I may be able to get
Eagle free under an educational license.