On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 4:40:00 PM UTC-4, jrehwin wrote:

> > By the way I also ordered the LED bases for IN-8 tubes from the Nocrotec
> Shop on ebay. So if there were some way I could integrate all of that into
> a printed board that would be excellent!
>
> Do you actually want to mount the Nocrotec sockets onto another PCB, or
> did you want a PCB that you can put the LEDs and IN-8s in directly?  Since
> the Nocrotec sockets are actually just
> small PCBs, it seems a little silly to mount them onto another PCB.  I can
> of course, but I'm not sure if that's what you want.

Right, I realize now it would be redundant. The first thing I wanted that
lead me to the nocrotec sockets was, a socket of any kind. I wanted the
ability to remove the IN-8's without de-soldering them. The lighted part
was nice bonus. However, yes I suppose I could just use the sockets
supplied with the nocrotec base kit and put them into your board. Basically
I realized that this would not meet my desire to be neat and plug-and-play.
To be able to go from the nixie tube contact pads through circuit traces to
the ribbon cable.

Given the choice I would prefer to have a single integrated board and
discard the six individual lighted socket boards I bought. A single board
with integrated led's.

A note on the led power, depending on how I get power to the LED's perhaps
you could run that part of the circuit to a separate two pin connector?
Again, I'm not sure at this moment where I can tap into the main board for
power.