Are you measuring the anode signal at the anode-pin of the tube, or at the
driver ? Always possible something went awry on the board, etc (failed
anode resistor, tin-whisker shorting between traces).

Is the anode supply adjustable ? Try boosting it a bit to see if the tubes
are aging and need more voltage to ionize. Seems unlikely, though, because
I would expect 1, not both, tubes on the driver to fail at the same time.

Are the tubes socketed ? If so, number them, remove all of them, then use a
good tube to check each socket one-by-one. It will provide another clue.

I was thinking that one or both of the tubes that doesn't illuminate has an
internal short; I've seen this with IN-1's though it was always
cathode-to-cathode, which resulted in 2 numerals turning-on at the same
time.

If the tubes are soldered, I would try disconnecting the anodes of both
suspect tubes, then reconnecting them individually to see if one of them
has an internal short.