You might already have tried the ideas below, or already know about them
but I mention them anyway as I have come across those faults.

You should make sure that you load the driver properly, otherwise it might
not show its fault as small leakage currents will be present and show you
the wrong voltage levels. If possible you should disconnect the two Nixies,
you can do this by unsoldering the end of the anode resistor closest to the
nixies and hook up a known good nixie to the anode resistor, wiring one of
the cathodes to the same cathode on the nixies. This way you will know that
you have a known good nixie there and if it still fails it must be some
component in the driver chain, all the way back to the controller driving
the NPN transistor.

You can also unsolder the resistor driving the base of the NPN transistor,
the end closest to the controller and then hook it up to any of the other
anode drivers, if the driver works then it is the controller.

/Martin