This is not completely a firmware feature but a clock for this day and age
should be able to connect to my wifi, and then use ntp for time setting. A
challenge to make it easy for the user to set up since you have limited
display/input capability, but it could be as simple as allowing the user to
place the ssid and password in a file on a thumb drive that gets inserted
once to bootstrap the process.