On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:08 PM, Nicholas Stock wrote:

Not sure if this helps..

> Chicago Miniature (now VCC) sells neons upto 1 inch bulb length....I've
> attached the datasheet.

U know what? I spotted them 4 hours ago while searching on Mouser
catalogue! They do seem to be a fair replacement. Sizes in datasheet are
only in inches. That's curious.

BTW, I was on mouser looking after a far infrared thermopile/sensor to
build a thermocamera myself (after the other thread in here). Melexis
produces a 16x4 pixel sensor with I2C output at 33 EURO (MLX90621).
Purchases above 50$ are exempted from the 20$ shipping cost, so I am
considering to buy two FIRs and drop the neon bulbs in the cart. However
Melexis has announced the MLX90640 32x24 pixels sensor that should be
released in december 2017. Price has not been disclosed and AFAIK the
release was postponed at least once.

I will wait a few weeks more to see what happens with Melexis while I try
to fix the Schlumberger 1240 multimeter (I got the original manual!!): it
reads either a slowly decreasing voltage or a totally random number
depending on the range/measure setting. I've recapped the PSU and nothing
has changed. I still see a 100 Hz signal overimposed to the longer run of
the dual slope (output from the integrator). Now I'm following the two
signal paths on the diagram to understand what causes the malfunction. As
usual. hints appreciated.

Paolo