They make mini UPSs. You sometimes see them cheap on clearance.
http://a.co/d/4QtorbJ

Quick and dirty.
No idea how your time keeping would suffer running on that.

But a back up battery circuit and a diode to 'OR" the power to just your
clock's logic and an xtal time source would be the preferred solution.

Don't know if you can still get MM5369s any more.
 May be easier to program yet another MCU (atmel or pic) to generate  the
60/50/30/25 hz or whatever you need for your clock.

carl
Henry Carl Ott   N2RVQ    hcarl...@gmail.com