So I shouldn't be storing totes of nixies on a high shelf in my shed in
Texas?

" Only a few survive today that weren't dissected or tortured in a
microwave oven (yeah, pretty hilarious but kinda toxic because of the
bakelite)."  This is why I used to have a shop microwave, just for
experiments and such...  They are cheap enough!  But I gave it away while
moving from NM to TX (it only took 5.5 years to complete).