Reading this thread has begun to make my eyes glaze over. I find the following
diagram to be helpful for understanding some of what's going on. Perhaps it
will add some clarity to the discussion. This in from Marcin Saj's github and
specifically concerns his PRO Nixie Tester:

It took a while for me to completely understand how all of this works and this
diagram was a huge help. I doubt that I would have worked it clearly otherwise.
For the record I haven't gotten around to reading the JB Dance book—yet.

Full info here:

https://github.com/marcinsaj/Universal-PRO-Nixie-Tester-and-Healer
<https://github.com/marcinsaj/Universal-PRO-Nixie-Tester-and-Healer>

Right now I'm using the PRO Nixie Tester with three DMMs but I've purchased
some DPMs for a compact, dedicated meter bridge. Someday I'll get around to
making a panel and wiring them up. And rigging up isolated power supplies for
them.

> On Apr 22, 2023, at 1:50 PM, Moses <mo...@neonixie.com> wrote:
>
> That yh11068a module is rated for 40 watts! That is like 10 times what you
> would need for most nixie clocks! Be careful at higher voltages, a 200mA
> capable supply at a few hundred volts will hurt you good.

Zaparooney.   x_x

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

"If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."—Roy Batty, Blade Runner