After a very helpful suggestion, I'm giving more details as to how I start
nessus & the like.... :-)

I currently start nessus manually--no sense in trying it from cron when it
consumes as much processor as it can!--and it doesn't matter if I start it
detached or with the client window open, the effect is the same: processor
hogging with no report generated or even finding any machine as live on the
network (and the machines I'm scanning *are* live).

I've attached my .nessusrc file. It's very vanilla, but may indeed be
helpful.

- Alan

-----Original Message-----
> Folks,
> 
> I'm using Nessus 1.0.10 (with save session & kb), both client and server
> running linux (on different machines). I'm attempting to do a monthly scan
> of some machines I'm responsible for and the problems I'm encountering
are:
> 
> - the scan, instead of happening once a month (the number of seconds in a
> month is, like huge!), happens constantly, endlessly, over and over
> - no machines are seen as being up
> 
> Hence, the machine I'm running the client on gets a load of ~45 & the
> reports are empty.
> 
> Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachment: .nessusrc
Description: Binary data

Reply via email to