Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Bradford Wetmore
<bradford.wetm...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I think that a textual name will be better than:
>
>     // Output:  javax.net.ssl.ApplicationProtocol$1@1b9e1916
>
>     System.out.println(ApplicationProtocol.H2);
>
> and there's no UTF-8 ambiguity.

Sure, but then I would just keep getNetworkSequence(), and remove
getProtocolName(), since toString() is sufficient.
To have to implement getProtocolName(), I see it as a
non-strictly-needed burden to developers that implement
ApplicationProtocol.
I know of companies that want to use ALPN extensively because they use
many different communication protocols internally, so it won't be a
rare occasion to implement ApplicationProtocol.

>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~wetmore/8051498/webrev.15/

I gather that the Map parameter can't be solved in other ways, right ?

Thanks !

--
Simone Bordet
http://bordet.blogspot.com