New to ALPN and this thread, just my $0.02.

On 09/25/2015 05:47 PM, Xuelei Fan wrote:
Here is the question to answer, which preference should be respected
firstly between cipher suite and application protocol?

No concrete answer, but I think it's always better to "first respect what the user has configured". If user has explicitly requested {AP1, AP2} but has not configured cipher suites order himself, ALPN preference should be respected first. This might mean that for different ALPN requests the *default* cipher suite order should be different.

--Max