Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 2:15 PM, David M. Lloyd <david.ll...@redhat.com> wrote:
> ...why does sorting even matter?  Why should selection not be implemented
> 100% in user code, based on both the cipher suites list and application
> protocol, rendering this whole discussion pointless?  It's clearly a complex
> enough process (which is highly protocol-specific) that it seems to me quite
> unlikely that the JDK can possibly implement this in a way that will work
> for all use cases.

Bradford can certainly provide more context here, but the "tuple
selection" approach would have required a (large) rewrite of the
current mechanism, and it was discarded because of resource
constraints.

> In fact, why not just use the SSLExplorer approach and be done with this
> already?

You mean this ?
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/samples/sni/SSLExplorer.java
Can you expand on how such approach would look like ? Seems overkill
to me, and all in the hands of application developers ?

--
Simone Bordet
http://bordet.blogspot.com