On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 13:39:06 GMT, Michael Osipov <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> Actually, it turns out I should be throwing `NamingException` here. That is
>> what was being thrown by `TlsChannelBinding.parseType` before and an
>> existing test was expecting that. NamingException only takes a String
>> message. So, there won't be a root cause exception.
>
> `NamingException` has `setRootCause()`. Why not use that? I use that one too
> and full stack is retained.

Yes, I can do that. Though it will cause the existing LDAP channel binding test
to fail which is checking for an empty root cause. That is checking unspecified
behavior and I can change it to check for a `ChannelBindingException` as root
cause. So long as we are okay having a non public exception type as the root
cause, it's probably helpful to have the full stack there.