On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:36:51 +0200 Thomas wrote:
TA> Unfortunately our compatiblity credo doesn't seem to allow us to rename
TA> that #define to something better, because I think it's *really*
TA> misleading.

Right, but we could easily define a new one, with the same value, and use that
one in all the code (leaving the old one in the header for backwards
compatability).

TA> Actually, I was tempting to make use of what the name
TA> *suggests*, i.e. switch off persistent state handling (both load and
TA> save) completely while leaving regular config file loading in place.
TA> It's hard to come up with a good name for this now that yours exists. :-/

IMHO, neither of these configurations seem like the kind of thing you'd want to
change at run time. I would've thought that a configure optoin to actually
disable the code would be the way to go here...

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-coders>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.