On 14 November 2010 22:25, Claus Klein <claus.kl...@arcormail.de> wrote:
> I use this trap session configuration:
> snmpd.conf:trapsess -v 3 -u unsec -l noAuthNoPriv udp:localhost:162
>
> This is what happens on snmptrapd:
> read_config: ./snmptrapd.conf:23 examining:
>          createUser unsec MD5 "-- none--" DES "--none--"

> usmUser: created a new user unsec at 80 00 1F 88 80 DC A8 68 0C 3F 60 E0 4C
> NET-SNMP version 5.4.3

> usm: match on user unsec
> usm: no match on engineID (80 00 1F 88 80 5E B8 38 0F BC 5F E0 4C )

Note that although the username matches, the engineID is different.
That's why the request is being rejected.

Getting SNMPv3 traps to work properly is a non-trivial problem, mostly
surrounding the issue of getting a consistent engineID for the two
sides of the connection.
   Have a look at the tutorial web page at
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:Configuring_snmptrapd_to_receive_SNMPv3_notifications

Dave